Bringing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones) to Thailand

Bringing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones) to Thailand

28 Aug 2019

Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) or Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA)


The use of UAVs or RPA or drones are regulated in Thailand. Those who wish to use them have to register.

Foreign travellers visiting Thailand also have to comply with the regulations as stipulated in the Announcement of the Ministry of Transport.

Foreigners who are 18 years of age or above wishing to use drone have to submit the following documents by email to atreg@caat.or.thand 

- UAV Registration Application Form

Consent to the Disclosure of Personal Information

-  Self-Declaration Form

- Copy of valid passport

- Copy of work permit, or residence in Thailand, or visa to enter Thailand, or immigration stamp (whichever is applicable)

- Detail of an insurance against damage arising from bodily harm, loss of life, as well as damage to an asset of third party with insurance coverage of at least 1 million Baht (approx. £23,500)

Please note that :

1. Normally, it will take 1-2 weeks to get approval. It is sugggested users register their UAVs prior to their arrival in Thailand. For those who are entitled to 30-day tourist visa exemption scheme and does not have a proof of residence until after their arrival in Thailand, they can submit a copy of their immigration stamp as additional supporting document to atreg@caat.or.thand in order to complete the registration. 

2. On the detail of the UAV in the registration form, please specify the weight of the UAV (in Kgs) up to 3 decimal places.

For more information, please visit the website of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) at